Our sweetie pies

Our sweetie pies

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A donation button

I have added a donation button on our page in case anyone is moved by our stories and feels moved to help us.

We are a family of 7. We have a 17 year old heading off to college next year, a 6 year old, 3 year old twins, and a 1 year old. My husband works full time with overtime as a technician. I am a credentialed special education teacher. we were both working full time and doing well until I found out I was pregnant with our twins.

I had to go on medical leave during my pregnancy due to a very difficult pregnancy. I was placed on bed rest and eventually after a week stay in the hospital, delivered our babies at 33 weeks. One baby had to stay in the NICU for 4 weeks and one baby for two weeks.

After they came home from the hospital, one month later, our 3 year old, fell from a play structure at her preschool and suffered from a break to her femur, landing her in a body cast for two months. During this time period, my husband was fired from his job for missing too much work!

God sustained us and many people in our community and church reached out to help us. They provided meals and gifts for our daughter, housecleaning, and relief. Our home nurse even took up a collection for us and brought Christmas gifts! She even donated her time when our insurance wouldn't cover future visits. A horrible time turned into an amazing time to see God work.

After we got through this tough time period and recovered, my husband was rehired by his company at a different location and we began to get on our feet again. And then out of the blue, I found out I was pregnant again! No small miracle. It was our first natural pregnancy in 16 years! We had required medical help to have our 6 year old and the twins. We were a couple that suffered from secondary infertility.

Not only could I not return to work again due to my pregnancy but our house was growing smaller. We only live in a three bedroom house. We actually sent off a video audition to the tv show Extreme Home makeover to help add a bedroom to our house. We weren't chosen.

The pregnancy went well and our baby was born healthy and full term. I began to think about returning to work again and now our 3 year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. We had also decided earlier this year to homeschool our 6 year old due to her not being ready for first grade this year. She has also required speech therapy and was delayed a bit do to her hold back when she was 3 with her broken leg. Life had briefly stopped for her.

What we also see now too is that our twins are delayed in their speech. They have both just been approved for speech services too. Oh yeah and our teenager! Now a days, she keeps it undercover that she has Asperger's syndrome. I am a busy mom. and holding it together.

We work really hard and provide for our family but we have had some really tight spots in the past 4 years and again if anyone feels moved to help us, we would really appreciate it. Our greatest needs are: trying to afford tuition for our 6 year old to reenter school again next year, paying off more of our debt incurred during the period of my husband's unemployment and building our extra bedroom because we still have two kids sharing a room with us!

thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment