Our sweetie pies

Our sweetie pies

Monday, February 21, 2011

and...

and I have a friend, a kindred spirit. we share the same birthday. and now we both, share daughters that were diagnosed at the same age of 3, with the same chronic condition. type 1 diabetes. The more I say it, the more I accept it.

The first moment I had to admit the possible diagnosis, was when the doctor was waiting for me to jump in the car and chase to the Woodland Hills hospital. She cleared the nurse's station for me and had me sit down and call my husband. I needed someone to tell me what to do. The doctor said to jump in the car and drive, and don't stop at home. just go! However, my cell phone was almost dead. I had 3 other little kids at home being babysat by their big sister. I had very little gas in the car. I didn't have any cash in my wallet. How was I supposed to chase to Woodland Hills. and what if the doctor was wrong? what if she was just being cautious? Did we really need to be so dramatic about this?

I called my husband and tried to tell him everything that was going on. my little precious sweetie pie was on the floor next to me playing with a toy. A nurse was sitting next to me working on her computer. I said "Hi," and started crying. If I said diabetes aloud, it would be true. I didn't want it to be true. My husband said "breathe", "take a deep breath, just say it". He knew it was going to be bad. He said he would meet me at the hospital. He would bring what I needed. the nurse began to talk with me about it. The whole office knew how serious this was.

I had the nurse watch my daughter, and I used the restroom. stress affects me in unpleasant ways. we'll leave it at that.

so, I gathered my things, my daughter, and headed to bank to get money and then got gas and then did stop at home to get cell phone charger and then began phase 2 of our new diagnosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment