Our sweetie pies

Our sweetie pies

Monday, May 16, 2011

sickness

we have all been sick. by "all", in a family of 7, I mean the majority of us. Myself being the sickest.

Our sweetie has a cold. I have the cold and had the stomach flu in the middle of the cold. (her endocrinologist, assured me though, that no, it is the same flu this year! inter viral.) my teenager has a cold now too, yet persevered through the Relay for Life weekend to raise money for cancer.

and we had sporadic fevers pass around the house.

Our sweetie has been running high throughout this. peaking over 500 at various times. her doctor adjusted her lantus and dinner ratio to help, but she is still peaking today. I will call doctor again for more advice.

I have been laying low, yet still maintaining house duties. My husband has been monitoring diabetes maintenance with advice from me and mom came over a few days last week after stomach flu onset.

fun fun.

I myself, may finally visit doctor to see if this a sinus infection that just won't go away.

My teenager stayed up until 2 am this morning registering for college classes as freshman time slot began at midnight. she is excited at the variety of schedules and choice of classes and is still on board for transferring as a sophomore to her college of choice.

Our sweetie woke me up at 2 am this morning, which is how I knew our teenager was still up. Our sweetie was in the hallway tinkling and crying. side effect of super high numbers = back to lots of tinkling like prior to diagnosis.

so we could use prayer for overall health in this home again!

My Bible study reminded me that again our purpose is to know God and to glorify God through our lives.

well last week, there were definitely moments that did not glorify God! When I am not running the household due to illness, things fall apart quickly!

But, Praise God! here we are.

My six year old today said "Holy cheezits!" I said "where did you hear that phrase?" She wasn't sure. Lots of guesses. tv. her cousin. I took the time to tell her that that phrase is a silly way of trying not to say something else that is using God's name in not a nice way. She asked why anyone would want to do that? I said that some people just don't know God and don't know that it is not nice to be mean to him. God tells us to revere his name and be respectful.

She had no idea that crackers could be so blasphemous.

A nice reminder. even through sickness. we may not mean to dishonor God. we may think what we are doing is justified. After all, I am sick. But God calls us for a better life. He will provide and take care of us. If we can overcome our human tendencies and just glorify him.

As we sat in church together yesterday, the same daughter, our six year old, who shared the cracker incident, was listening to the missionary from Nigeria speak. His name was Ezekiel. She grabbed a Bible and found the chapter of Ezekiel. She showed me, in delight. Ezekiel means "God makes strong". This man had many testimonies to this. He told of how dangerous life can be in Nigeria. There are many ways that you can lose your life there. yet he still chose a path of preaching God's word, which in itself, can put him at risk in a mostly Muslim area.

Through sickness, through strife, through diagnosis, we must always remember; who is in control.

Psalm 27:

The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked advance against me
to devour[a] me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.

4 One thing I ask from the LORD,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.

6 Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the LORD.

7 Hear my voice when I call, LORD;
be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Savior.
10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
the LORD will receive me.
11 Teach me your way, LORD;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.
12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
spouting malicious accusations.

13 I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear how sick you have all been. It sounds like a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete